-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

It's dark, cold, and wet outside.  The wind is tossing wind chimes about making a racket as the dogs and I sit by the computer this evening.   We're all dreaming about the all-too-fleeting warmth of summer.  Perhaps this shot of a new blue wall at Wells Medina Nursery taken late in June on a cloudless and warm day will help.


Oh that summer could linger a bit longer.  Alas, it seems that autumn and winter have other plans.

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click over there to see her vignette and links to those of others!

12 comments:

  1. Now that is a Blue Wall! At first I thought the plants were painted on until I looked closer, duh. Amazing what the creative minds in your area come up with for displays. This gives me the inspiration to perhaps pot up some mini-hostas and display them vertically...oh, boy, just what Carl needs to hear. But there's a huge metal shed forming the side of the hosta bed and the tiny hostas get lost in the garden with the big guys, and....ok. I'll stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's a color spectrum of nearly equatorial dimensions. I imagine it would warm up just about any winter storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that color! the man here says he doesn't like blue, but I sneak it in--and he seems okay with it. also, he tells me he's a little color blind, so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That wall is so bright! Love the brightly colored round pots underneath it on the ground too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color scheme has that 'south of the border' feel. It brightens up the gloomiest of days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Peter I completely agree with you, summer could linger longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised at how much I like that bright blue wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very Majorelle-inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always thought that shade of blue was quite perfect for the garden. Too bad I don't really care for it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a modest haul really. If I had been there I would have had to buy Camellia Apple Blossom, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops sorry, I wrote the above comment on the wrong post, it was meant for your nursery visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.