-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Sing To Me, Autumn

Sing To Me, Autumn


By Patricia L. Cisco




Sing to me, Autumn, with the rustle of your leaves.
Breathe on me your spicy scents that flow within your breeze.

Dance with me, Autumn, your waltz that bends the boughs of trees.
Now tell me all the secrets you've whispered to the seas.

Sleep with me, Autumn, beneath your starlit skies.
Let your yellow harvest moon shimmer in our eyes.

Kiss me, Autumn, with your enchanting spellbound ways
That changes all you touch into crimson golden days.

Love me, Autumn, and behold this love so true
That I'll be waiting faithfully each year to be with you.



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful combination of thoughts and photos to begin my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Peter. What a delightful poem you wrote and then matching the lines to the leaves. I am so impressed. A generous gift.

    OK so you didn't write it. It's still lovely and new to me. thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet poem and beautiful photos to accompany it! Autumn has been singing a drumming song lately, drumming on the roof with rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful ode to autumn! My heart is happy. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, at long last, an Autumn love song. It's beautiful. The Ginkgo tri-color leafs are very cool. Is that a persimmon in the last photo? In your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My persimmon tree is producing nicely this year and it looks like I'll actually get to eat the fruit! Last year by this time, the squirrels or some other varmints had eaten all of the fruit while it was still green.

      Delete
  6. Lovely poem and lovely images, especially those Ginkgoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love autumn too, even if she doesn't show off her colors here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Peter, such beautiful words to describe such a wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos that suit very much to beautiful poetry, Peter. I also liked you ginkgo tree leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first picture is really breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.