-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, November 21, 2016

In A Vase On Monday

In A Vase On Monday, a highly addictive meme, is hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden. Click here to check out other Monday arrangements. Thanks, Cathy for keeping our eyes open to what we can bring inside to make us smile through the week.

My offering this week isn't in a vase but rather on a wreath.  Making Nadezda's maple leaf  roses is such a fun way to use leaves.  Jumping into a pile of them is also a delight but that's another story. While there are still a few brightly-colored leaves kicking around in my garden, this was actually made a couple of weeks ago.  



I started making the roses and then remembered a wreath that I got at Molbak's last year when all of their holiday stuff was 90% off.

Throw in a few beauty berries for contrast...


The bird came from the same sale as the wreath.  

Maybe it's better without.

Can't decide which way to hang it.  

The roses are mostly dark now but still intact.  Perhaps they should be spray painted for Christmas. Happy new week!

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation! What kind of leaves did you use and did you spray them? They look so glossy. We had high winds Fri. and Sat. and just about all the leaves came down so it means doing some clean up before it rains tomorrow. I've put it off hoping it would get up to 40 degrees today. A very cold weekend kept me indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do love the leaf roses - and I think they look better on the side of the wreath. I wonder what others will say? In the last day or two here almost all the last of the leaves have succumbed - and sadly they will be too wet to scrunch in them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a leaf rose up nicely Peter! I was just looking at my wreath on the front door and realizing I needed to get moving on a suitable Christmas-style...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the roses on the side, and I like the birdie. Put it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath! I love your creativity, Peter. You are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Peter! I like the bird and agree with Alison that you should put him back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am impressed, your wreath looks really stylish whichever way up you display it. Those leaf roses are amazing. I m off to see how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tis lovely. There seem to be an agreement forming, to turn the wreath to the side and bring back the bird :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the roses on the side, with our without the bird. I think they would look great gilded with a touch of gold paint of frosted with white now that they have darkened.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peter, I love the wreath (and the little bird!) I've never heard of leaf roses but am off to discover how to create them. I don't know if I can find any leaves, as Ms. Wis said, the wind removed almost every leaf around here except for some stubborn oaks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wreath looks very beautiful.Love the color and the beauty of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely roses, Peter! I'm glad you liked my tutorial, the wreath is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So festive and so perfect on your door.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.