-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Black Friday Shopping?

On Black Friday I usually stay away from the madding crowd, put away all of the Thanksgiving dishes, extra tables and chairs and autumn decorations to prepare for the next group of holidays.  This year, we spent turkey day in Vancouver (WA) with a couple of my brother's kids and their families and while it was strange not to be cooking and cleaning for days, it was certainly a delightful break. The rain is supposed to stop for a little while today and with a low of 29 degrees in the forecast in a couple of weeks, this will be a perfect day to bring in the last of the begonias and think about hauling the potted cordylines to the greenhouse.

Last weekend we went nursery hopping and stopped by Barone Garden.  Barone does not carry plants but if you're ever looking for a fountain, statuary, or pot, you'll certainly find something to meet your need!  See previous posts here.

Meditating frog fountain.  


Where could I find space for this?  



This must look really interesting with water gushing through it!

The shiny metallic gold glaze always catches my eye.  Do you think it would look attractive with plants or detract from them?

The sea of pots is always more impressive in person. 


Spheres in the garden are a favorite.


More shiny gold glaze.  

Maybe it's a sign?

The Asian area features some carved stone pieces as well as concrete. 

The detail on these Ganeshas was superb.  

Who doesn't like Bacchus, the party animal - um I meant the god of the grape harvest and wine.  (Six of one...)

Unusual garden bench.  One can actually sit on her lap.

There's something for every garden style and taste unless, of course, you don't like pots or objet in your garden.

Did the gnomes kick seagulls off of their posts?

This lady almost came home with me but I need another one of these like I need a hole in the head.  Come to think of it, a hole in the head comes in quite handy in a head planter.  Hmm.

This guy was keeping a watchful eye on her so maybe they were meant to stay together. 



12 comments:

  1. I need to get over there. I want that head planter so bad. And the Bacchus plaque. This always looks like such an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to go there since the last time you posted about it but never did. I work in Renton so I don't know why I can't make the time for it; this is a good reminder. I too love that head planter; it has a beautiful face. I'll try to get to it before Alison does :-)
    The herd of deer is wonderful but wouldn't fit in my car (maybe Evan wants it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like places like this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I could totally spend a good chunk of a day there. What a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you lost me at 29 degrees...really?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cornucopia of pots and garden art! The gold glaze is really striking, makes quite a statement. The lady planter is very pretty. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and didn't have to worry about all the muss and fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are beautiful containers and garden decorations. That's the kind of place where I'd drop a ton of money if I had a ton of money. The glazes on some of those pots are ridiculously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun Peter, spending time in such interesting place. I would never buy these metallic gold glazes, I liked ceramic pots and fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place. Thank you for the tour. I am in line for that head planter too but it would be a drive. All the rain keeps the inventory clean, doesn't it? Here places like that, everything is dusty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a sea of pots...!! We have Thanksgiving on Saturday so I spend Black Friday cooking. But a sea of pots would be a big temptation... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could do with some new pots,I still haven' t planted my tulips.. Wow, what a choice you have. I don't care for the gold ones but there are plenty of other lovely ones here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.