-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday Vignette


A datura, grown from seed that was a gift of Botanical Interests at the Portland fling, caught my eye with it's cute little star of a bud.

Which would open to look like this.  I'd no idea they were so fast and easy to grow from seed!  

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by blogging friend Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to see links to others participating in WV!

11 comments:

  1. These are fragrant and fun and look great growing under the leggy stalks of Brugmansias.

    For an even bigger WOW factor, get double Datura seeds. The doubles are brightly colored yellows and purples and grow to 5 feet tall. I regret not growing them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of Datura that I grew from seed, but I don't like them that much. Yours is fab. I bought a double purple one that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very elegant. If I knew how, I would make one of those stop motion videos of unfurling plants - they are so marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize, either, that they're easy to grow from seed! Hmmmm, maybe they would be good annuals for me. It's beautiful--I love the curled but. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bud - it is intriguing :-) It's one of those plants I keep forgetting about, I'll have to add somewhere in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a photogenic flower if I've ever seen one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vignette. I also didn't know they were easy from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That view looking down at the unfurling bud is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy from seed when your an expert gardener like you are...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first pic looked like some sort of high tech flying object, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely. Maybe I'll try them from seed next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.