-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

More Retail Therapy at Vassey Nursery


Vassey's annual fall sale begins on Friday so it seemed like a good idea to do a little reconnaissance before the sale.  While petunias aren't my favorite flower, they sure do a great job of looking great through the whole summer and these giant containers are quite a spectacle!


Here's the lowdown:  Thirty percent off nursery stock, perennials, gift items, pottery and statuary. Starting Sept 25, fifty percent off perennials.  Further discounts on pottery and gift items in the clearance areas. I usually find some great buys on pots in the clearance areas.

Know a jeep-loving gardener?

Are these cool or what?

The shadows they cast were as interesting as the flowers themselves.  


Orange and black.  Halloween is coming!  

One can never have too many spheres in one's garden!

Do I need this metal garden sign for the greenhouse?  

Fun use of tender (here) succlents in a mixed pot.

The nursery is packed with great plants, pots, and stuff.  So much to think about before I rush to Vassey after school on Friday.  That job thing sure cuts into the plant shopping time!  Will this green man still be there when I arrive?  Can't decide if I like him  or not.  What do you think?  Maybe he just needs a little moss growing on him to look just right. 


I hope that you are enjoying fall sales at your favorite nurseries! 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, that green man is awesome. He might not be there when you go back, cause I might buy him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful green man; if it's gone when you get there (and it sound like it may be...), find consolation in the metal Echinacea, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colorful garden sign will complement the Google logo on your computer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't our nurseries have end of season sales like this? Portland Nursery has 50% off on annuals and tender things but that's about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of want to buy those Echinacea feeders and re-paint them so they're all rust-colored...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great garden items at a great price, we rarely have sales that good at our nurseries. I just added a similar garden sign to my fence. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back when I shopped for clothes, I always found it odd (but convenient) that fall clothes came out when it was too hot to even think about it and went on sale about when the weather finally put one in the mood. I guess fall sales at nurseries are kinda like that. Better bustle if you want to beat out the competition for that green man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the green man. The PNW has so much garden nick-knackery for sale. It is something that is definitely missing here. We can generally only get pots and statuary or imitation French inspired stuff. I love the sense of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That green man is cool!
    OK, I have to put Vassey on the calendar. We need some replacement shrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to get hold of those pink echinaceas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.