-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, November 27, 2017

In a Vase on Monday


Dashing out between gusty rain storms on Sunday I grabbed a few colorful contents for a vase today.  Variegated evergreen euonymus, Callicarpa berries, hydrangea blooms, and Cupressus arizonica 'Blue Ice' got thrown into a vase.  The smaller vase originally chosen kept falling over.

Finally, I gave up on that one and used instead a vase made by Island Art Glass.



Joining the arrangement are some cones found on a walk in the park and three of the persimmons harvested from my tree.



The arrangement eventually ended up somewhere else where it's contents could be admired from above.
In a Vase on Monday is hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden.  Click here to see what other participating bloggers have carefully arranged or quickly plopped into a container today.

14 comments:

  1. Definitely a wow arrangement...and you have your own persimmons!!!! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I I love to see Callicarpa berries, Peter, and the 'blue' foliage of the Cupressus works really well with them and the combination of pine cones and persimmon is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your persimmons are much larger than the variety that grow around here. They look like a different fruit when so large.
    All of the beauty berries in my garden have been eaten by the marauding robins.
    I love the evergreens in your vase. It says so much about this time of year. Happy IAVOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous vase with great variations of green mixed with those purple berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going out to feed and cosset my Callicarpa so it might produce enough for me to cut! Wonderful antiquey colours to your vase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second location even better. Callicapra has extraordinary berries; this arrangement should last quite a while. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous combination, Peter! I love how the little yellow flowers on the Cupressus echo the yellow on the variegated Euonymus and the Callicarpa berries give it a nice punch. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who needs flowers when you have Callicarpa berries? They look like jewels! All I could think of when I saw the persimmons was: where are the teeth marks? None of my persimmons made it out of the garden unmarked by squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if it's the camera flash, or just the berries, the waxy leaves, and the fact that things were wet from being out in the rain, but in your first few photos, everything looks so vibrant it almost looks unreal. Those Callicarpa berries are crazy. I wonder where I can put one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely arrangement Peter...and is the glass really sparkly?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The callicarpa berries really lift it. I love it, it's beautiful.
    I am impressed by the persimmon fruit. Mine never has blooms never mind fruit.I suppose you have hotter summers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks brilliant and sparkly. Purple is my favourite colour, Ive seen calligraphy berries in gardens around where I live. Look great in an arrangement, Love bec c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.