-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, April 17, 2017

In A Vase On Monday - Happy Easter


Years ago I found the unusual postage stamp holder on the right.  Take off the lid, insert a roll of stamps and feed the end out of a slot on the side.  It came with the matching low bowl. Would this have held a sponge to moisten the stamps or perhaps be a paper clip receptacle?


Imagine my surprise last year when searching for egg vases when I came across this vase with the same pattern.

This shouldn't be confused with this egg vase from a couple of weeks ago.

It was offered with these two egg-shaped tiny plates.  

So, since this vase was put together on Easter, why not use this accumulation of stuff for today's vase?

Contents include Kerria japonica, Vinca, some of those damned Spanish bluebells, some foliage of Bishop's Weed and for my little lost Chocolate girl, forget-me-nots.

Also some bleeding hearts 

A camellia for the small bowl and some glass eggs for the small plates.

Looks like some grape hyacinths made it in there as well.  
 In A Vase On Monday is hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden.  Click here to join in the fun!

Happy Easter.  

16 comments:

  1. I love your combo of eggy objects. I bet that bowl was for a sponge for the stamps. I actually remember using that setup back in the day when I did some political volunteer work at Democratic party HQ in my city. Hope you had a pleasant day and your weather cooperated for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. That is downright fabulous. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a colorful and spring-evocative bouquet! Hope you got a visit from a chocolate-carrying Easter bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter vignette/vase. And so nice to see you briefly on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful Easter Day display, Peter, and so wonderful to include the forget-me-nots in honor of your pup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an eggstravaganza, Peter! Your new acquisitions are especially appropriate for today's vase - I occasionally look on eBay for egg vases, but they are either really expensive or are in the US with a huge postage cost, so I am still egg-vase-less!Your collection of spring blooms complement your china, expertly chosen as usual ;) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment on your blog last year about the inexpensive egg vases being in the US is what sent me looking for them. Was it "Chloris" who had the egg vase that she used so beautifully last year?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was indeed Chloris - nothing wrong with your memory Peter!

      Delete
  7. Great egg collection - perfect for this holiday arrangement. I bet the low bowl was for a sponge, since self-adhesive stamps are relatively new. I remember when they first came out, the PO charged extra for them. I don't miss the old style stamp - blech!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so pretty! Your collectibles are wonderful, and the flower arrangement is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your seemingly endless supply of "fancy ware" always amazes me. Never knew that there was a thing as ceramic stamp holders, never mind the fancy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing to find the egg vase to match! You must have been hopping up and down. I've never seen a stamp roll holder. We get our stamps in a book or sheet, I'm not sure if they have ever been on a roll. A delightful spring arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That arrangement looks almost like something out of a baroque painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What a beautiful collection and flower arrangement. I love how the colors of the little glass eggs go with the tiny egg plates.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peter Herbst, nee Cottontail...eggsactly right post for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen egg vases like that before - nice to be introduced and you've used them so well. Easter-pretty is what it all is. But I shall spend the day musing about your little lost chocolate girl. I have had two little lost brown girls (Burmese cats). Who was your chocolate sweetie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.