-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, February 26, 2018

In A Vase (?) on Monday - Laughing At Winter



You may remember from an earlier post that this happy woman came home with me from the Tacoma Home and Garden Show Vintage Market.



Her long neck begged for dangly earrings.  Fortunately, there is a collection of costume jewelry in the glass studio/craft room in the basement and on Saturday, I found a few bits that will work.   I've named her Tammy after my blogging pal, the author of Casa Mariposa.

Both Tammys have an infectious, sometimes mischievous, spirit of fun. 


(Photo from Tammy's blog, used with permission.)

Tammy (the mannequin, not the blogger) will eventually find a place in my greenhouse but until then, she's hanging out inside. I kept looking at her and thinking that she needed to wear something a bit different for a while so she's wearing my offering for In a Vase on Monday, an addictive meme hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden.  Click here to see what other bloggers have put together today.

Our recent cold snap did some damage to some plants in my garden, others simply laughed at the cold and kept going.

Hellebores were lying flat on the ground but now that the weather has warmed, they're perking back up again.  Stachyurus praecox never skipped a beat.

A few camellias got a little nipped; others acted like they hadn't noticed temperatures in the low 20's (-6 c)

Hey there bud!




I cheated and brought these primroses up on the back porch for a little protection.  Their friends that stayed outside are still looking unhappy.

Tammy's floral display didn't stay on her very long before they needed to be floated in a bowl of water.
So there she is with her floral jewels laughing at the cold.   I hope you're equally happy today.

30 comments:

  1. Chapeau! She looks stunning with those Camellias, she is your Lady of the Camellias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love those long green dangly earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Peter, and I laughed all the way through this pot too - who would fail to do so, laughing alogside Tammy who clearly finds evrything an absolute hoot. What wonderful jewellery she is sporting today :)Thanks for sharing, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can just imagine the sort of tropical music playing along in the background...your creative juices were flowing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy the (wo)mannequin certainly looks cheerful. I would too if I were decked out in flowers like that! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!! Brings a smile to the face, it does -- such a wonderful 'vase' to show off the warmth of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Tammy the blogger will love this....and I don't think I have seen anything so creative and lovely as Tammy's (mannequin) garden jewelry....she is splendid decked out in your finery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea! Am going to be scouring vintage markets for mannequins now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slightly scary but I love her choice of jewellery and will be choosing Hellebores for my next party wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just written up a blog for tomorrow based on a very traditional English stately home garden and having enjoyed this post realise I'm just too staid. I'm going to have to liven up, get rid of the stereotype. Tammy is sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's jewelry I think Tammy S would also love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! That smile is contagious, and who wouldn't smile with all that gorgeous floral bling around their neck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly charmingly happily bonkers!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. She reminds me of Doris Day for some reason, maybe doing a "Chiquita Banana" impression...

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'Tammy' looks happy that she's come to live at your house - she's decked out quite stylishly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such fun with your creations! And we have fun watching you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just what I needed to see today! You have a wonderful eye for floral jewelry. What a happy mannequin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfection! You’ve done both Tammy’s proud. I meant to ask if you saw Tammy’s twin sister in the vintage market at the NWFGF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see Tammy's twin sister in the vintage market at the NWFGF. Wonder where she is now?

      Delete
  19. Tammy is the shot of happiness one needs on a day like today that is cold and dreary. Love her garb but the flowers are most spectacular. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A happy smile is just what's needed on a cold day like today. Your Tammy certainly looks very happy indeed with her beautiful flower jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what fun, such a cheery sight for a cold winter's day. I love Tammy's earrings and very smart hat. And what a super camellia hiding her- er -chest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well you do enjoy life don’t you Peter. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this!!! I'm honored! I do wish we weren't 3000 miles apart. You are great fun! :o) Those mannequin's are awesome!! Very cool and clever. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a very inspiring soul! I love that Peter has his very own Tammy!

      Delete
    2. I too wish we weren't so far apart. Have you considered moving west to our horticultural paradise?

      Delete
    3. I don't think I could do another move! How about if we all get ruby red slippers so we can click our heels together when ever we want and go visit each other? :o)

      Delete
  24. This is my favorite post you have ever done! You have your own Tammy...I am so jealous. I have been smiling ever since I read this on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it brought a smile, I had fun finding jewelry for the outrageous redhead!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.