-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Wednesday Vignette

The Northwest Perennial Alliance supplies 8.5" x 11"  tasteful but visible open and closed signs  for host gardeners to post outside their gardens.  I was a bit worried that such a sign might get a bit lost in the foliage outside my garden so I came up with something a little more eye catching to lean against the fire hydrant on our corner.  Once again the basement hoard contained a solution.  I don't think anyone had trouble locating the sign.

He's now leaning against the house guarding the hose spigot and scares me every time I come around the corner.

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by my friend, Anna, at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to join in the fun.

14 comments:

  1. Yes, Peter, he served you well as a greeter. Too bad he lost his head over the honor, but at least he didn't have to get tired face muscles from smiling all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice touch, reflecting your creative thinking.
    If there is ever a "NW Basement-Hoard Alliance" open basement tour, I'll be first in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says "welcome to my garden" like a headless mannequin in tie dye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that mannequin! He set exactly the right tone for anyone who didn't know what they were getting into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would have me slamming the brakes and joining the tour even if I hadn't planned on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What both Kris and Chavliness said - I'm sorry I live so far away. I have no doubt that all your visitors were completely bedazzled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Now that would scare me, too! I wonder if something similar would scare away the rabbits?! Gosh, I would have loved to have seen your garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He sure is a tidy fellow. Must have been fun for your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your garden so much more than those rigidly manicured ones where the plants aren't allowed to touch!
    Here's the Canby plant sale we mentioned: http://www.clackamascountymastergardeners.org/SpringGardenFair.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had fun. I admire rigidly manicured gardens but could never pull it off myself. Thanks for the link!

      Delete
  10. What a handsome dude. Just my type. I bet no one missed your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a neon yellow flag on a stand out by the end of the driveway to show bus drivers where to stop. Now I feel so silly; a headless mannequin would be just the thing to entice people to tour the garden! Sadly, surveying my hoard of things, I could only find a head, but no torso. I think we need to get together, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heavens yes! Just think of all the things we could piece together with our combined hoards!

      Delete
  12. No "off the rack" solutions for our Peter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.