-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Sandy Eacker Garden

"The modest Kirkland yard we inherited 27 years ago was more or less undeveloped, with large rock work creating some basic structure, virtually no flowerbeds, and a lovely, wild greenbelt out back.What a wonderful and challenging blank canvas!"

That once-blank canvas is now painted with beautiful flowers.  I always admire gardeners who can grow such beautiful disease-free hybrid tea roses.  My attempts have always been a bit spotty (black spot, that is and let's not even speak of powdery mildew.) Mrs. Eacker certainly has the magic touch!

 "Over the years, both the garden and my passion for it have evolved into an ongoing garden of delights for me. Shaping the space, creating expanding beds and finding interesting plants to fill them has become an increasing focus of my attention and expression.  Finding ways of incorporating the forested green space behind the property has been both challenging and inspiring."


Barefoot and lost in a book in the garden.  Ain't summer grand?

These dark blue spiral supports are a perfect compliment to the delphiniums.  

"One of the aspects of gardening that has become most exciting to me is the discovery of interesting perennial varieties. Penstemons, unusual asters, campanula, ornamental oreganos have found their way into the garden to take their places among the roses - my first loves!




"This is truly a garden in progress, always with new demands and rewards."


Thank you, Sandy, for opening your garden for us all to enjoy!  Now, take a well-deserved rest!

10 comments:

  1. We enjoyed meeting Sandy and touring her garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how much time is spent sitting in the church pew. Evidently, all payers have been answered because the garden looks wonderful. The delphinium display is gorgeous; I'm always a little envious of those who can grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those delphiniums do look wonderfully lush. I wish they would behave that way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lush garden! Lush,green and the combination of plants is sublime. As for Hybrid Tea Roses, I have 50 of them and yes blackspot and powdery mildew take no prisoners especially in a warm humid climate like mine but I can't think of my garden without roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the church seat! I have one rose as they are too much work here even though they are so beautiful. I will have them in my next garden in my next life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and serene! I loved the rabbits waiting to stand in attendance for the gardener-in-chief in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lush. So GREEN. It always amazes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, thanks for this nice and green garden tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice garden. We all have those challenges. One in my garden is how to grow roses without full sun. Doesn't happen here unfortunately. But don't you love it when an area comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, she certainly does have the touch--with the roses and the garden as a whole! I love that winding pathway. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.