-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Next Next Generation Gardener

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by my friend, designer, blogger, and self-proclaimed plant whore, Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to join in the fun!

The gifted horticulturalist, plantsman, garden and floral designer Riz Reyes used to write a blog called The Next Generation Gardener. He's now busy with his business,  RHR Horticulture and being the head gardener at McMenamin's Anderson School in Bothell, WA.  I recently had the pleasure of strolling around the gardens there and was blown away (post to come.)

Today's  vignette is of a next next generation gardener caught here doing a bit of plant shopping at Cornell Nursery in Portland.  The torch has been passed.


12 comments:

  1. Adorable. Good to start them young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to pass the torch to my granddaughter and soon. What a sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I didn't know that's what Riz was doing. I've been meaning to take a look at that new McMenamin's. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just priceless! Wish I had managed to get my kids interested... Maybe at some point in their lives, they will get the bug, just like their whoring mother! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I can't wait for your write-up on Riz and the Anderson School! Everything that man touches turns beautiful... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute! Definitely start them young!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this photo, Peter! I tried to get my two boys interested in gardening when they were young, without much luck. Now young men, one plants a few veggies, while the other has gone the small farm route, which while different from me, is just as pleasing. Glad the genes were passed on. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.