-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Do You Talk to the Trees?



On my way to a nursery recently,  this sylvan quartet was spotted.  One can only imagine the arboraceous confabulation. 

We've all heard about talking to the trees but have you ever wondered if they talked back?



Did you hear that the weather forecasters are calling for more rain?


Oh no!  This constant rain and wind is wreaking havoc with my coiffure.

I could really use some sun; my bark is becoming quite pale. 

I guess we have no choice but to stand together and hope for warmer and drier days.

Remember when talking to one's plants and playing music for them was a trend?  ("Grow, damn you!" didn't count.)




Actually, it appears that talking to plants and playing music really does increase growth and yield.  Doesn't matter what you say, even mean words help.   For more look here and here.

8 comments:

  1. With Alison's "pluvial plenitude" and your "arboraceous confabulation", I must keep a dictionary handy when I read your garden blogs. Otherwise, what's a non-native English speaker to do... I'm a big fan of the BBC 70's series, including "Good Neighbors". Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read "Lab Girl" about a scientist who studies trees? Some amazing info in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone had fun here, and I bet whoever decorated those trees did, too. Thanks for sharing the silliness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tree people need a good talking too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all have really tall coiffures--or very high foreheads?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some trees with real personality.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.