-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Chances, Chances

It's three a.m.  the bartender has just announced last call, and you've only got one last chance...

Okay, it's really early afternoon, and the bartender is Dan Watson, and last call is for Holiday Decor.


One might think that the pickings were fairly scarce, and compared to what was previously a nursery stuffed full, they were.  To a boy raised in a tiny, relatively remote town, the last call offerings still seemed plentiful!

 Lots of artificial stems!

 As if that weren't enough, There was a huge section of merchandise at 30% off including one of my favorite home fragrances, Frasier Fir by Thymes. (Now available in a dish soap as well.) More of these items have moved over since my last visit. This stuff is expensive and rarely goes on sale.

Table after table of sale stuff.

A ceramic tray in which to put one's keys would probably get misplaced in my house but the sentiment works for me.

It's also time for the annual January 30% off houseplant sale.  The offerings were numerous, healthy, happy plants.

Including these spider plants that didn't look quite like spider plants to me due to the density of their foliage.  They were adorable and moved in such a cute way when gently shaken or blown upon.  Wouldn't one look great in a head planter?


Not part of the sale, these head planters are interesting but are for indoor use.  

I've got a crush on Crotons at the moment and have heard that some of the new selections don't lose their leaves when moved from one place to another.  Speaking of collections, I have a few pieces by Carruth Studios (website here) Seeing them always makes me smile.

New and colorful merchandise for the season to come!

I don't remember these being there before.  Aren't they adorable?

Need to refresh some winter planters?  Gotta get rid of this stuff because 

spring comes early in these parts!

How lucky are we to live here where it's still possible to plant those fall purchased bulbs in the ground and the bloom time for many of them is very near.

Or is it still the middle of winter.  So hard to know.  Either way, it's beautiful. 

While there were many temptations, I didn't buy anything.  Can you believe it?   


Have a grand weekend all.  


11 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you got away from Watson's without spending any money. I haven't been there in several months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those lovely plants! I feel almost dizzy. Clearly, I visit garden centres too seldom. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the organizational key tray that mocks organization. Impressive that you walked away from all that without buying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tray!! I think I'm going to save that quote. I love those little spider plants, too. They just need little gnome head planters or something! I am also amazed that you resisted so much temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe it! Not one purchase? The spider plants would be hard to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing? You didn't buy a thing? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To me, the middle of Winter is winters solstice. From that day on we are gearing up to spring! There is already an additional hour of day light, or close to it, and seeing the going ons in my garden I know winter is almost done. Plus those darling English Dasies: aren't they proof enough that Spring is right around the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would succumb to sensory overload and leave empty-handed as well. Fun to look though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those spider plants looked suspiciously like Carex.....
    And those tiny blooming hellebores!! I wouldn't have been able to resist. You sure get to the fun places.

    SilverLake Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that "organized" little dish. Perfect for me. I agree with Anonymous that the spider looks like Carex. I am just putting away my last little fairy lights that were twined along the bookshelves and our Chinese altar table. On to Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.