-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Wednesday Vignette - Have a Happy and Peaceful Independence Day

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to read what's on Anna's mind and what's caught her eye this week!

I meant to take a picture of our new neighbor's front porch all decked out for the holiday but got busy playing in the greenhouse until after dark so I've got nothing particularly patriotic to post in honor of Independence Day.    This scene from American Legion Memorial Park in Everett will have to suffice.  

As has become my tradition, I'll begin the day by reading the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, and be grateful to have the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  If you're in the U.S. Happy Fourth of July and enjoy the holiday whether you celebrate it with domestic tranquility or bombs bursting in air.  

10 comments:

  1. Peter Happy 4th of July (from a Canadian ?) haha .. I only hope your country can withstand what the 45th is doing to it .. so fingers crossed in a couple of more years , things will go back to normal with a lesson well learned?LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tradition is admirable. I'll be spending the day watering the garden I think. A good place to be and a hedge against the possibility fire what with all my crazy fireworks loving neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am really impressed with your tradition. Mine always was to play American music: Rhapsody in Blue, Appalachian Spring and the Jefferson Airplane's "Up Against the Wall" for good measure. Maybe I will go put on my CDs of protest songs from the Wisconsin Uprising in 2011 etc. to get into the current spirit of things. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Linda, I'm impressed by your tradition. If only those living and working in the big white house would adopt the practice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my lull between morning and evening activities, I just tried reading the constitution. I got bogged down in the Legislative Branch. The Preamble is good, though. Maybe I'll try the Declaration of Independence. Meanwhile I am sitting on the patio with my laptop with patriotic music blaring through the open screen door. Happy Birthday, America!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have quite the tradition. We usually go to a friend's house for a pool party then come home when others disperse to the parade and fireworks. We then watch the Boston Pops perform and watch the fireworks on tv. Our neighborhood is always alight with fireworks for several days. Nice big ones too so I have no desire to get out amongst them. Happy 4th to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Independence Day, Peter. All in all, we have much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, my Fourth was a happy one, spent out in the garden. As far as peaceful, it's now quarter to eleven, I'd like to go to bed, but the neighborhood is still very noisy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.