-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wednesday Vignette - Clever Design.

Garden statuary is becoming more and more realistic all of the time.  This vignette was captured at Xera Plants in Portland.

Notice how the blue of the pot is echoed in the cherub's blue shirt.  and how the garden designer cleverly used golden foliage to set off the blues beautifully. 
Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click on over to her blog to see more.

13 comments:

  1. Perfect placement. Very high on the cute-meter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo was taken right after you volunteered to do that cherub some bodily harm, right? (just calling it like I saw it...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Like deer, these things are adorable in pictures but can be very destructive in the garden.

      Delete
  3. LOL. I captured a similar photo last weekend at Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Massachusetts. I love how wet that unsupervised kid is. If I ever open my garden to the NPA I plan to post a sign saying "Unsupervised children will be taught the art of creative cursing."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter, those two comments from yube royzz that have links at the end are a scam. I got both of them, too, with the exact same wording. The links go to online betting (gambling) websites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I'll mark them as spam again. Got the same messages before and marked them but they're back.

      Delete
  5. I got that spam too. Just marked them as spam and deleted them. Hope it blocks them.
    I do believe that cherub is a fountain too. At least it isn't pissing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I got the same comments before on older posts and labeled them as spam but somehow they came through again.

      Delete
  6. That is a terrific shop for containers, but that beheaded woman is a bit creepy. That rose sounds just about perfect without being plastic. No virus or disease - is that possible? ;)
    Have a great weekend, Peter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.