-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Come on Out to the Greenhouse

Let's take a stroll out to the greenhouse and see what's up.  You may recall this post from November  when things were getting fairly crowded.  It's now possible to walk through the whole space again.


This papyrus got so tall that it's reaching through the beams and hitting the top of the greenhouse so it gets to be a permanent resident.




 The Cascade Cactus and Succulents Society will be stopping by on Sunday so a few plants that spend the winter in the house were moved out here including a few that were purchased at that group's annual September sale.

These wonderful tiny pots and their plants came from the sale and were made by Pete of Pete's Pots and Plants.

Some of these could probably come out where they could be better enjoyed.  

Looking downright empty.

On the Trevesia palmata.  Looks like it's getting ready to bloom. 






Time to head back out and get some gardening done.  Thanks for taking a little break with me.

16 comments:

  1. Everything looks so clean and green. Wonderful.

    Trying again to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty? Ha! My god man, that's a lot of plants. Hope the Sunday visit is full of lots of happy people throwing around a lot of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pleasure for plant societies to visit your garden & greenhouse -- what are you baking for the occasion? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your greenhouse! It looks spick & span for the visit tomorrow: you'll knock their socks off. It's nice to take a look at some familiar corners in your treasure house; I don't recall the curtain with the sunflowers though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your greenhouse is still pretty full! I'm sure your visitors are going to enjoy their visit tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magic factor of this space increases every year (inversely to the available space I think). You need to get your tech game going and create a VR photo of this space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your greenhouse is so you...it is amazing. The society will be so envious, just as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so much to see, just can't take it all in. It is a wonderful space, how large is it? I love the fun, colorful and magical elements.

    Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a marvelous collection you have, Peter. I'm sure your tour will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything goes according to plan with the tourists. I know they will love your place especially the greenhouse. It is so nice and tidy with so many plant treasures to see as well as all the accroutrements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you sure this is not a retail space attached to your house?!! Reminds me of all the nurseries you visit with great plants and "staging," as they like to say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your greenhouse is like the most exotic plant shop/gift shop ever. Have fun with your visitors on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so crazy wonderful. You could charge admission!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with the previous statement that you could charge admission to this quirky, fascinating space. Curious to see those Trevesia blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this visit to your greenhouse so much. It was almost as good as being there. I hope the field trip from the succulent folks went well. I saw this post while I was away but had only my phone with me and couldn't comment. Now I'm playing catch-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.