-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Judi Hook's Magical Garden Part Two

Welcome back to Judi's garden!  Here are some more pictures of her wonderful work.
 These windmills move in the wind due to Joe's (Pioneer Iron Works) careful engineering. The following five images include the glass I fused to Judy's specifications.






 Faces like these adorn several walls around Judi's place.  She made them "back when I worked in clay."

It was a fun surprise to see these mosaic bowling balls made by my friend Darlene from Jungle Fever.

 Joe calls these "sea urchins"  but they sure look like yuccas or agaves to me.
 Judi's garden is well planted and while there are flowering plants throughout, the beautifully contrasting foliage, some of which is evergreen, gives her borders long-lasting appeal.



Judi's creative use of sedum and sempervivum can be discovered in many areas.







Shadows are growing long as we bid a fond farewell to this magical garden.  Beneath the towering firs, the
acer palmatums glow like stained glass.  Thanks Judi for sharing your creativity with us!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun garden! And I am total agreement about the "urchin"...it's definitely an agave or yucca, an especially dangerous one too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy has a really beautiful garden. Her foliage borders are gorgeous. Some day I'm going to buy a mosaic bowling ball. I love them, but I'm not good enough at mosaics to make one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.