-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Alaskan Garden Helper

My niece, Alison, lives in beautiful Wasilla, Alaska where she gardens and keeps ducks and chickens.  A few days ago she sent me pictures of her gorgeous and exuberant garden which I praised when speaking with her.  Like many of us, she only saw the faults in her creation and made me promise not to post any of her images.  Last night, she sent me the following pictures and text which I thought were adorable and she said I could share them. Some of the images are a little blurry because, "That little guy moves fast."

This is Ollie.





Since you gave me absolutely NO SYMPATHY for my overgrown garden…AND won’t come and help me weed, you have been replaced.


He reads all the plant labels faithfully, scrutinizing sun and water needs.


He checks all the corners for slugs.

He LOVES helping…unlike some people who won’t come to visit.

He works very quickly


And checks in often to make sure I’m ok.


Ollie.  Named after a certain blogger…OutLaw…Ollie.

6 comments:

  1. Yep...Ollie is pretty much adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I bet he is a great slug hunter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of her ducks are but in AK the slugs don't get as big as they do here.

      Delete
  3. Wow! So easily replaced! LOL! I had a duck as a child, in the city no less who lived in my Grandmother's clawfoot bathtub. Well, we shared evening baths together..... and then one day he was gone! He too liked the garden but was less helpful than he was rambunctious, like his owner who pulled all his Grandmother's beets long before they were ready for the pickles. Of course 'Donald' and a tornado got blamed for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? "Donald" AND a tornado that your grandmother somewhow didn't notice? Hmm. Seems your imaginative side is nothing new! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.