-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Home again, Home again, Jiggety, Jig

Coming back from the Frolic, there are many other activity options:  You could visit Flower World, Molbaks, Wells Medina,  and many others.  There are also quite a few great places along the way as well including a great used bookstore, lots of antique shops and of course Snohomish which is the antique shop capitol of the state (really an entire day trip in itself!)  Because we had to be home for an early afternoon function, we couldn't hit some of our faves like the nursery/fruit stand that always has a lot of brugmansias blooming in front or the big farm & nursery whose name escapes me.  We even skipped the bamboo place. (You can't miss it as there are a few acres of bamboo forest by the side of the road. One of the places we never miss is Haystack Co.  Antiques and Garden art.



You can't miss Haystack because there is so much cool stuff sitting in front of the shop!


 Great use of coffee cans.
 I love the sound of these bells.  Next year one of them will come with me!

I respected Pam's request to not photograph her work.  It was difficult because really creative and wonderful recycled/upcycled pieces were everywhere.  This amazing woman works in stained glass, concrete, and metal.  You can see some of her work on her blog here.

 There is a little bit of everything in this great store.  They even sell flexible plastic/rubber re-usable forms with which to make concrete leaf castings!

 The inside of the shop is filled with all sorts of treasures!



Next year when YOU go to the Frolic, be sure to stop at Haystack! 

16 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I like those old trays! I would love to fill them with succulents as it looks like they are suggesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want so many of the things here.... those glass balls are to die for and that leaf - gorgeous and it really could find a home here... Sigh.. I'm just too far for a visit. Thanks for taking us along shopping with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to have friends to shop with! Thanks for coming along!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those glass balls! Ouite a place..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. We have many glass blowers in this area and glass balls like this are everywhere!

      Delete
  5. What a clever place! I would have stopped, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll visit the Pacific Northwest one of these days.

      Delete
  6. Oh Man! I missed so much. All we did was stop at McDonald's. How does Snohomish compare to Sumner for antique shops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been several years since I've been to Snohomish but it is still known as the antique capital of the Northwest. It took me most of a day just to get through the Star Center Antique Mall at a fairly brisk pace and that's just the largest of the many stores. The main street of town has antique shops lining both sides. Snohomish has many more antique shops than Sumner; one online source boasts 175 dealers.

      Delete
  7. What a fun place to stop and shop. She does have some great pieces there. I like those coffee can planting pockets and everything else as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me wish I lived in the Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're fortunate to live here! I'll keep reminding myself of that during the "Northwest Rain Festival" October 1 - July 4!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.