-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Fleur De Lis Garden Ornaments

If you've attended the Northwest Flower and Garden Show, you've probably seen the Fleur De Lis booth.  Fortunately they're located just up the street from The Glass Eye Studio so after visiting the sidewalk sale, we usually stop by Fleur De Lis. 

Off in a back corner of the parking area was this poor little trio of opuntia.  

Getting ready for Halloween.


This fellow didn't seem to be in a hurry to get anywhere. 

Parrots have taken over the shop!

This gnome didn't seem to mind.

This group, however, was not at all amused. 

There's something for just about any garden style.


A tiny treasure.



If you combine a long bench top with columns is it a columbine? 

Drunken toddlers?  Where are their parents? 

I was impressed with the relatively bubble-free detail of this one.  


Another shell encrusted turtle. 

Got milk?


This one called my name and since everything was on sale...


 This trio was very attractive but where would I put them? 
It's always a pleasure to see what they do with concrete here.  For more information, check out their website.

Happy weekend! If you're in the area, the Rhododendron Species Garden is holding it's Foliage Festival and plant sale this weekend.  Find out more here.

17 comments:

  1. Your comment on the multi-breasted Dianas had me giggling. I love those last three columns. If only I had tons of money... Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! We just need to win the lottery, right?

      Delete
  2. They have the coolest stuff. I bought a couple of concrete fish there a few years ago. I really need to go back. I would love to have that many-breasted bench in my garden, but I fear the effect it would have on Nigel. A couple of columns would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photo of the outside of the building. I saw enough of the inside in an earlier pic to be very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building is way cool. Fleur de lis had to prep the site/pour the concrete but the Canadian company who makes the buildings pre cut everything and sent three guys to put it together. The whole building was done in three days. You can insulate these if you want and live in them or have them cover the whole thing in polycarbonate for an awesome greenhouse. Building cost in the late 90's was $40,0000.

      Delete
  4. You're right - something for every taste. My favorite was the toad but then I looked at it more closely. That toad appears to have claws. We admittedly don't see many toads here but there aren't toads with claws (gulp!), are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not aware of toads with claws but maybe this one needs them to protect all those coins.

      Delete
  5. We have stopped there while walking on the Burke-Gilman trail. It's a fun place but I have a weakness for concrete ornaments, so I limit my exposure to temptation. Other people buy them for me as gifts instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am almost glad that this place is no where near where I live. I would be penniless. I nearly fell out of my chair at "Got Milk?" I think you need one of those columbines to set those big candle sticks on. Then of course you need plants to set around them. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're right, a columbine with the candlesticks would be awesome. Better start saving my pennies now!

      Delete
  7. It took me a minute, but I finally placed this shop: I stop by whenever I attend the Fremont fair. I love the skull you picked, is has great detail, and those turtles are fun and imaginative although they don't be welcomed in my garden (too cute).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've admired the turtles before but, like you, I think they would be great in someone else's garden.

      Delete
  8. Those drunken toddlers, goodness gracious! At least they're not near the triple-breasted ladies! Got milk, indeed. :-) What an assortment of garden decor, definitely something for everyone. Our rough winters make it necessary to keep concrete statuary indoors; if we had milder temperatures, I'd own a lot more. I love your newest purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating place. Many options for Halloween themes there. The last supper piece and the three candle stands are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like a nice garden ornament. I think the turtle was my favorite among that lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.