-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wednesday Vignette - Do you feel as if you're being watched?

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by my friend, Anna, at Flutter and Hum. Flutter on over there to see what all the hum is about this week.

Private Eyes Are Watching You!

Can you see them? 


How about now?

The top of our Dr. Seuss tree had become way too large for the rest of the tree.  Last fall, I decided to create another smaller ball, the one just underneath the right eye and drastically reduce the size. That worked okay but left a big brown, ugly gap which I thought might fill in.  Alas, no.  What do do with the space?  I thought about making a large bird nest and throwing some sort of bird in it peeking out. Tom thought that eyes might be just the thing. Fortunately, I had some styrofoam balls down in the glass room along with some tiny metal mixing bowls for pupils.

It's a bit goofy but now the huge gash in the tree looks less like the horrible mistake it was and more like it might have been planned.  Shh, don't tell anyone, okay? 


12 comments:

  1. Haha - I love it! You now how a fluffy, green, garden guardian! It reminds me of dressing up like the Cookie Monster once, back in high school. I made a costume that was big, soft, fuzzy, and blue, and I had big styrofoam eyes, with pupils pointing in different directions. I remember some kid actually crying when he saw me, so I must have looked much scarier than intended. Your monster on the other hand, looks kind and inquisitive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know which is more enjoyable: the eyes or the music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billie Holiday makes everything better. Although it turned out cute and funny, I couldn't take being watched like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha. That was fun! At first I noticed the "head" planter and not the Seuss eyes, but after enlarging the first photo, I saw the googly eyes. This will date me, but the Hall and Oates video/song brings back memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully creative solution! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always great when an awkward problem yields a creative solution. It'll be interesting to see how your visitors respond when they notice those eyes watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, I love your googly-eyed tree monster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! The cloud-prune monster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, looks a bit like McDonaldland's Grimace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.