-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day From Windmill Nursery

Will you bee mine?
It's still winter but a voice on the radio said that a warmer than usual (also wetter but let's not think about that) remainder of the winter is predicted.  Reason enough to start celebrating spring, right?


Windmill is a nursery that shrinks it's plant retail area dramatically from October through January and seeing the sales floor begin to again be filled with plants makes me very happy!






Another sighting of  Sunset's new variegated lavender.

Some nice big agaves.  Must remember to attend their sale next fall.

Daphne odora 'Maejima' perfumes the air.

There's a lot happening inside as well. Dig that interesting chandelier with sideways metal pots.  

Impressive display of tillandsias.  Their popularity seems to be continuing.


Ah, the tropics.


In the greenhouses, the promise of great things to come.

Fun planters.


 Green, glorious green!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  











9 comments:

  1. I remember that blue door from a trip to Windmill... Such a great vignette with those blue pots! I think I'm going to spend a day outside today. You're right - it is starting to feel as if it's time - morning frost be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Peter! I popped down to Windmill the other day and was rather impressed with their Tillandsia display. It was almost enough to tempt me to buy a few again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny, dry and warmer here. Couldn't ask for a nicer V-Day. Hope your weather is not too inclement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many charming vignettes! I like the red door a lot. The statue on the right should be holding a golf club; she looks like she is ready to swing. Thanks for the reminder of Daphne odora 'Maejima': I looked for it at the West Seattle nursery but they didn't have it yet. Maybe this week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your weather will indeed warm up soon. Happy Valentine's Day, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earliest spring plants at nurseries always let me down. Maybe it's because I know so much better things are just a few more weeks away? (Or maybe it's because there are few of these that I can grow that the herbivores won't bother)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many things to buy, Peter. I'd purchased margaritas.
    Happy belated Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.