-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What Happens at the Fling Stays at the Fling...or Does It?


Two curious flingers at a garden called Floramagoria.  One would never reveal names but their initials are Tammy Schmitt and Laura Heldereth.  Is Tammy being a little too optimistic?  Is she passing on the age old advice - "Oh honey, men are just like fishing - the small ones you throw back and the big ones you mount?"  Their new friend seems a tad aloof.  (Notice the cool sconce above right!) 





Money changes everything but not so much in this case.  The dude never smiled or said a word; the strong silent type I guess.

Oh well, no date is perfect.  
 
Breaking news!  Utilizing recovery software, I was able to retrieve my deleted photos from three fling gardens.  Among those lost photos was this one of hero Matthew Hubbard retrieving Tammy and Laura's money for them!  Maybe a larger denomination would have worked. 
 

22 comments:

  1. Hehe! You KNOW if I had been there I would have been THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mannequin was a fun surprise to see as soon as you emerge from the side passage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also seen pictures of him dressed in boxers. Fun indeed!

      Delete
  3. I look absolutely horrible in this pic but was having lots of fun! But Mannequin Mike just stared off into the distance no matter what we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry that you look so awful in these pictures, I have others of you, not with Mike, in which you look radiant. Clearly Mike was not good enough for you if his inaction caused you to not look your best.

      Delete
    2. I will need him to try harder next time. Our relationship was a bit one sided. I did all the work while he just stood there. ;o)

      Delete
  4. I wonder what he wears in the wintertime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good question but I don't think that Mike will tell!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey Matthew, check it out; since you commented I found a previously lost image of you coming to the rescue! Did Mike say anything to you?

      Delete
  6. Lol. At least he cannot insult you or give you a bad time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true and he's a great listener to boot but sometimes it's nice to get a little feedback about your ideas and dreams instead of the blank stare. "Hey Mike, what do you think of adding a new planting area this summer?" Nothing..."Mike the house is on fire!" Same response.

      Delete
  7. I saw the cash in the BVDs when leaving this garden and it made me smile. Nice to know the back story (or front story, as the case may be ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handsome fellow but a bit lacking in the brain department. Sometimes it's nice to talk...

      Delete
  8. Good god. I didn't even pay attention to that guy in the green underpants. Where was I?

    In the case of Kathy's missing Hypericum, it did stay at the Fling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you were on the other bus. When we were at this garden it rained so folks took refuge under the roof of the porch where Mike was standing.

      Sorry about Kathy's missing Hypericum!

      Delete
  9. Hysterical post! Thank you for the fun shots! Next time they need to find a place with live ones : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the fling is more about gardens but you could suggest this to the Toronto planning committee!

      Delete
  10. He was stoic as hell ...though he does look a bit vapid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh yeah... that's quite a sconce!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.