-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Crazy Critters at Rosedale Gardens


On our tour of Gig Harbor Gardens,  Alison, Annette and I stopped at Rosedale Gardens.  They always have a nice selection of plants but their large collection of statuary is also a draw!  You never who you'll come across in this silly menagerie where the blue trees grow.



Adorable

Or majestic.  (Loree, I thought they took your visitor somewhere in Oregon!) 

Ludicrous


Or lost, they're all here. 


This kitty's head moves around 180 degrees so you can change his expression.

Even the furniture

makes you look twice. 

13 comments:

  1. The Landscape examples of their work on their site are certainly more sophisticated than these little tchotchkes, not a blue tree in the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with the bigfoots? (Bigfeet?) I see those things everywhere. Someone in our neighborhood has an 8 foot high corten cutout of a bigfoot in his yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why they're so popular lately. Hidden in the woods, one would be kind of scary.

      Delete
  3. That bear would scare the hell out of me every time I turned around!
    I'd take those sweet ant-tables instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those ant tables are really fun. Just think of the jolt of adrenaline that you'd get from the bear scare; you could give up coffee

      Delete
    2. Give up coffee?
      If you think Bigfoot looks unfriendly, you should see me in the morning before coffee...

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the bear would scare raccoons? For reasons I can't even begin to fathom, I find myself attracted to those goofy snails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing scares raccoons... Maybe you like the snails because they're cute.

      Delete
  5. Hmmmm not sure if my garden would house any of these but they are certainly interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blue tree, but my favorite is definitely the ant table. I really appreciate art that also serves a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny statues. I like that bear and blue flowers. Happy weekend, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snails are cute, but with all my big trees I would have to go for the giraffes, they are so cool rising up out of the bushes. I like all the little swirly texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.