-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Everybody Must Get Stoned


If you're not old enough to remember the Bob Dylan song, here's a link to a recording.  If, like me, you are old enough to remember, you may have forgotten so you could click on the link, too.  
The song sprung to mind when I saw these cute little stone critters at Watson's Nursery recently.

Speaking of songs, "Who are you? Who, who, who, who?"  by the Who.  


Aren't these possum/hedgehog things cute?

Wouldn't they be fun poking around in a potted plant?


There were lots of adorable turtles, too.
 
 
 What a Hoot!




15 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a collection! I love the profile shot of the hedgehogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls are available here as well, cute things really. It's the first time I've seen the hedgehog and turtle stones though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the urge to buy any but thought they were interesting en masse.

      Delete
  3. I like the turtles! But I would want their eyes to glow in the dark! that would be epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glow in the dark eyes...You may just have something there!

      Delete
  4. You know those are so adorable, but I see them at my own local garden center, all Chinese imports, and I cannot help but think that here Chinese people are selling rocks picked off the ground and slightly altered to foolish, spendthrift Americans. Sort of takes the joy out of them for me. My bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foolish, spendthrift Americans? Celebrating Stone art for the garden or whining from the demise of Hostess Twinkies?

      Delete
    2. Wow-I had no idea how widely distributed these are or where they were made. In my naivete I thought that some local kids had put them together.

      Delete
  5. No chickens?We like chickens. Although the owls are nice. The hedgehogs kind of look like fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fowl language. Chickens are fun and goofy birds.

      Delete
  6. I would say I'd rather get stoned the old fashioned way, but now that it's legal (at least where you live), what's the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know right. It's now going to be so mainstream...Why bother?

      Delete
  7. Funny stones! I especially like those owls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.