-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Wednesday Vignette - The Trees They Do Grow High


Wednesday Vignette is hosted by the fabulous Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to join the fun.


Coming from a cold northern climate where trees are shorter,  I'm always amazed by the height attained by the green giants  in our moderate climate.  Douglas Firs in the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden in Federal way -  columns of a green cathedral. 
Only four more months until the Northwest Flower and Garden Show in February which marks an unofficial beginning of the garden season for many.  I'd better get the last of the spring bulbs in the ground and get the begonia tubers stored for winter!

11 comments:

  1. That's a great shot that really shows how the trees dwarf the person standing under them. I remember the first time I went back east after moving here and noticing for the first time how short the trees were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a serene and peaceful visit to the garden. Indeed a green cathedral.
    I hope to be done with 35 crocus bulbs asap. Just one reasonably dry weekend afternoon is all I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo! And once again, I'm impressed by your ability to draw on a very extensive musical memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful photo Peter! Very soothing, but also making me envious. (Why do I keep forgetting you're from Alaska?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The person on the path in the photo gives a sense of the majestic scale and the little bit of fog adds some mystery...great shot!
    rickii

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get those bulbs in the ground and put away those begonias. It is getting cold out there. Brrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo of our cathedral trees!
    I got an email announcing early purchasing of NWFGF tickets. Too soon though for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo is breathtakingly beautiful.
    Oh, you are from Alaska! That sounds truly fascinating. A big fan of Carl Barks, I first think of "mosquitoes, mud, ice, and gold nuggets". :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome. Especially when you don't notice the person in the photo for a few seconds, as happened with me. Then you really just go 'wow'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photo of these majestic giants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In northern part of our country(Pakistan) High trees like these are in abundance
    each year when i visit there in summer vacations ,bring golden (green) chest of happy serene memories :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.