-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Someone Else's Words for Wednesday - Poppy buds from Beth's Garden


New Beginnings

by Gertrude McClain

It's only the beginning now,
A pathway yet unknown.
At times the sound of other steps,
Sometimes we walk alone.

The best beginnings of our lives
May sometimes end in sorrow.
But even on our darkest days
The sun will shine tomorrow.



So we must do our very best 
Whatever life may bring,
And look beyond the winter chill 
to see the breath of spring.

Into each life will come
A time to start anew,
A beginning for each heart 
As fresh as morning dew.



The years will never take away 
Our chance to start anew,
It's only the beginning now 
So dreams can still come true.


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's my first day of summer break. I'll return to my normal fatalistic attitude when September comes.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. As poppy buds open I always wonder how so much crepe can be stuffed into one little bud. Reminds me of a magician pulling scarf after scarf from his sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of like the wings of a butterfly all fitting inside that little chrysalis. I like your magician analogy!

      Delete
  3. I love how the hairs on Oriental poppies catch the raindrops. Thanks for the lovely poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about them too! Poppies are such cool plants!

      Delete
  4. I was a rabid fan of Cat Stevens (still am) and have all his vinyls from way back... I can't begin to tell you the memories it brings back. Sigh... Thanks for that, and the poppy buds too. These are very cool plants visually, from buds to seed pods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to bring back some memories. Ah, our misspent youth, so soon gone... I agree with you wholeheartedly about poppies!

      Delete
  5. These pictures are great!! I like very much poppy buds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!!!! and beautiful shot of the poppy buds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! I love rain and dew caught on plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It transforms plants by covering them in diamonds!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.