-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beth's Garden

I had the pleasure of seeing Beth's garden a few weeks ago when I went to pick up a mirror she had offered to give me when she saw that I used them in my garden.  It's amazing the nice people one meets when working in the front garden.  

A garden full of whimsical touches!

And gorgeous plants!


 A vase tree...

So many great ideas to borrow!

I love these finials which Beth said came from Tuesday Morning or someplace like that. 

The red rhododendron looks great with Bishop's wed and oxalis at it's feet. 

 Everything looks so well grown and happy!


Birdbath with hens and chicks and hens.

A broken vase is an opportunity to add year round color!

Dig those red eyes!  Dude, invest in some eye drops already!


The tea kettles made it into the garden because Beth has a habit of  burning the bottoms out  on the stove.  another opportunity for year round color!

Cool support for a vine!  

 Thanks, Beth for all of the cool ideas and for welcoming me into your garden!  

17 comments:

  1. The kindness from fellow gardeners never fails to amaze :) she has a lovely garden and not that dissimilar to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardeners are the kindest souls! Very similar but hers is much better tended!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet garden Beth has! And how very nice of her to offer you a mirror. I love the birdbath and the face with the red eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun garden and she was very kind indeed to offer me the mirror!

      Delete
  3. Does Beth have a blog? Can we encourage her if not?

    I intend to add green vases to my blue bottle tree. It takes a while for an old lady to decide to drag out a ladder. It took even longer to decide to stop hoarding trinkets and start using them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should have a blog! She would have a blast with it!
      You crack me up! I've really enjoyed hoarding trinkets but am now starting to think along the same lines as you!

      Delete
  4. I "borrowed" several ideas from Beth's flower beds! Thanks for passing them on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exciting to walk through her garden and discover so many hidden treasures and some not so hidden.

      Delete
  5. Those "over the fence" connections are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are but I was right there on the street! Does that make me a street walker?

      Delete
  6. Well it appears you and I were thinking along the same lines with posts about garden art. What a cool garden Beth has. And how generous of her to share her mirror with you. I love mirrors in the garden too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mirrors when they trick your eye! A friend of mine had some mirrors in gorgeous frames that she hung on her fence like artwork in a gallery. It was very effective until she didn't bring them inside for a couple of winters and the water destroyed some of the frames.

      Delete
  7. I love the tea pot and the succulent bird bath. I once burned the bottom of a spaghetti pot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many interesting ideas, Peter!
    I liked the red kettle that looks like a flower and the face with red eyes, a bit scared!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.