-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Xera Plants and Contained Exuberance


As we drove up to Xera Plants in Portland, the bright color of this rose caught my eye. One also caught a ride home with me.


Xera had been a great wholesale grower of plants for many years before they opened their own retail space.  Luckily, their plants are still carried by other retailers but there's nothing like visiting their own space which is always packed with fabulous plants.


Sweet and tiny Polygonatum humile.



Epimedium x  'Pierre's Purple' has great purple flowers but the color of it's new foliage is also very attractive.

Acanthus  syriacus is a gorgeous thing.


Arthropodium candidum 'Maculatum' caught a ride home with Danger along with a brown aeonium.  Can't wait to see what she does with them.  

Xera and Hyland Garden Design/Contained Exuberance flow together nicely.  





This is my kind of pot shop!



Anne Boleyn? Catherine Howard?   Looks like someone's axe or sword needs sharpening.  




Allium seed heads are a repeated  theme at CE.  Aren't they cool?



A burlap bag tree seems like it could hold up the whole building. 


 Pots by apotspot.  
Happy Friday Eve!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Friday eve! Yes, the weekend is a-coming! Love those two pots with the ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations with the seed pod theme. I remember you posted about an artist friend who incorporated metal and beads in her seed pods.
    The trio green planters in the tray: yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun shopping, but I didn't get a photo of your Xera haul! What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Acanthus syriacus! I barely knew ye -- sorry to mope about a lost plant on this nice visit to a great nursery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That burlap bag tree is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You escaped with only one rose. You must be on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the fun pots! Looks like a great nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, that epimedium.. irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I want to go to that place! Too bad it's so far away. :( That Epimedium is awesome: I want it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun place, I wish I could have come too, I could spend hours there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun post, Peter. I hope to get there this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.