-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, May 25, 2018

A Little Friday Fun at Digs Inside and Out

After thirteen years, Digs Inside and Out is moving from it's Alberta Street location in Northeast Portland to a new location in Sellwood, an area of Southeast Portland.  As packing boxes were being filled and the move was imminent we visited the Alberta Street location one last time.


They're hoping to open in their new location on June first.  Do check their website for updates.

Those of you who've had the pleasure of visiting the private garden of JJ DeSousa, the owner of Digs, will recognize her eclectic style and sense of humor.



As an object, this string bean vase is cool but just think how great it would look filled with blooms.  It would look almost as if the flowers were standing on their stems right on the table.

I love this shop but am glad that it's 150 miles from my house or I'd be broke in short order. 



Looking one last time out at Alberta Street from inside Digs.   See those orange stools?

Things aren't always what they seem and although the loss of Digs will be felt on Alberta Street, I'm certain that the creative force behind this special store will work it's magic in their new home. (A cool historical building which you can check out on google maps.)
Happy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. How cool that Digs is getting new digs. Thanks for letting us know, I often try to make it there when I visit Portland, their stuff is so interesting and unique. OMG, those orange skulls! Want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the new space! Thanks for the reminder, Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you can imagine I'm not so excited about the move. It was so easy to stop in the Alberta location. Now they're going to be clear across town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dangerous destination judging by all the cool things I quickly spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you passed up the string bean vase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danger danger. Money pit, but it sure looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dangerous store to anyone's finance; I enjoy the detour to J&J garden. Many of the items I remembered: a flying shrimp has a way of etching itself in ones memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that stem vase! And all those air plants... It would be hard to resist a shopping spree in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.