-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, May 21, 2018

In a Vase on Monday

Today's vase started with Loree's idea about using Buddleja globosa in a vase.  I couldn't find the vase I'd thought of for today but this one has been sitting around, waiting to be used for months.


In addition to the buddleja, I found a few other things out int he parking strip to throw together:  Ceanothus 'Dark Star,'  NoID rhododendron,  Euphorbia amygdaloides var. robbiae, and a bit of Cupressus arizonica 'Blue Ice' foliage.





May is such a wonderful month in the garden when simply trimming wayward plants can yield a bouquet.

The Cascade Cactus and Succulents Society visited the garden today and in honor of their visit, joining the arrangement are this made by Jeff Pinto  silly-looking cactus whose spines are tied up in a bow

and a less silly-looking cactus vase. 

There was more
Sincere thanks to Cathy at Rambling in the Garden for hosting IaVoM.  To see more of what participating bloggers are plopping into vases today, visit Cathy's blog!

16 comments:

  1. I first saw a photo of the Buddlia with round flowers rather than wands last year on Pinterest and was instantly smitten. Of course, I knew if I hadn't seen them locally in anyone's garden they were not for me. Dazzling as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you used Loree's idea; I like how the orange ties in the red and blue together. Perfectly reflecting the abundance of May in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that vase, perfect for your exuberant arrangement. The "silly-looking cactus" makes me think of a cross between a pickle and an owl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the perfect vase for those bold colors! I swear Peter, you can make any grouping of blooms look straight out of a designer magazine! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a joy to see what you will be putting in your vase and what unusual vases you will use....I was not disappointed especially with all those interesting flowers....they mix so well together and love the fun vases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'parking strip' always seems to have an abundance of blooms of some sort Peter!! What a bright and cheerful collection you have today - and your props are as wonderful as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Buddleja is so unusual! I've never seen the plant here but you can bet I'll pick one up if I ever do (even if Buddleja in general haven't proven themselves in my garden). As always, your vases surprise and delight me. The match-up of that cactus and the Pinto vase couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So impressive Peter. Lovely collection of blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those succulent sculptures....and the society has such a colourful arrangement to welcome them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the use of bold color here, Peter. And to think these were trimmings from the parking strip - walking by your house must be like visiting a mini-botanical garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all these colours together. What a change from a few weeks ago when we were scratching around for things to bring in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An explosion of color from that white vase. I like both cactus vases. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, what a lovely colourful bouquet! The Euphorbia adds zing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such exuberance and lovely bright colours, just right to celebrate glorious May.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.