-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, December 18, 2017

In a Vase on Monday - I't s the Thought That Counts

Receiving a dinner invitation a couple of weeks ago, I'd decided to find contents from my garden for a red glass I'd made and take the resulting arrangement as a hostess gift.  As Saturday wore on, the plants in the greenhouse got watered and a few tasks around the house were completed but then the dogs insisted on cuddling (napping) on the couch with me.  Soon time was as short as motivation so today's  offering was "foraged" from a nearby market.



I also gave a great deal of thought to putting up some decorations.

It's the thought that counts, right?  Not actually doing anything gives more time for enjoying a bit of cheer.  Won't you join me in sloth?  I'll pour you a cup of eggnog and we can think about accomplishing great things while doing nothing together.
In a Vase on Monday is hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden.  Click here to see what more ambitious  bloggers have put in containers this week.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful especially as we go into this final week. I hope to get the last little bits done today and tomorrow and then it will be a lovely layabout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I shall pass on the eggnog if you don't mind Peter, and I am not to good on doing nothing either - I know, it's shameful... ;) I am gld you are findng time for good cheer though and, as always, you have put together a most eclectic collection of bits and bobs for your IAVOM - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything more satisfying then cuddling with the pups on the sofa. Today's vase looks like tree bark, birch maybe. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your floral arrangement and also the image of your cuddling canine arrangement, too. Coming from the Queen of Procrastination, well done, my friend. (Carl always says my dilly-dallying with other pursuits is not procrastination, just time spent differently doing the things we love instead of the things we really don't enjoy.) Sending you warm wishes for a very Merry Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holidays necessitate shortcuts and you DO deserve some time to enjoy the spirit of the season! I'm all for sloth at Christmas - I even bought wrapping paper (red) covered with happy sloths (now all I have to do is get around to wrapping presents).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can easily picture you cuddling with the dogs, and it's a lovely scene. Right now I'm putting a lot of thought into next year's garden, but not much work, so right in keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it,be right over for some eggnog.Can I bring my greyhounds?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally ok with grocery store flowers in the winter time.
    And you reminded me that I do have some eggnog in the refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kind of foraging! Very pretty ornaments too. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are wise to kick back and just enjoy the season. The dogs know what it is about. And non-dairy eggnog, my favorite! I'll take a sprinkle of nutmeg on mine. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just how I feel on these dark days too! But we always manage to turn something out for Cathy's meme nonetheless! Enjoy your eggnog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am feeling weary and would love to give in but still have too much to do. Next week however I will be curled up with books and seed catalogues. Your roses are adorable. I love the fat heads and the gentle colour. They are very easy to dry and take on good colour. You just hang them upside down when they start to do over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So did one arrangement go to your dinner host and this stayed at your place? Or was this one whisked away? Generous of you to give it away if that's the case. Eggnog, yum. Just enjoyed an eggnog latte this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like my kind of afternoon...doing nothing and having a drink. I like your arrangements. All looks so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.