-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

After the Storm

 
And after the storm,
I run and run as the rains come
And I look up, I look up,
on my knees and out of luck,
I look up.
  
Night has always pushed up day
You must know life to see decay
But I won't rot, I won't rot
Not this mind and not this heart,
I won't rot.

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.


And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more.
That's why I hold,
That's why I hold with all I have.
That's why I hold.


And I will die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and man so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.





 
 And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
 
Marcus Mumford


19 comments:

  1. Are these crabapples? One of my current favorite color pairings. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are crabapples from a tree on River Road that we've driven by a couple of times a week for at least 15 years. The display was so vibrant this year that I had to stop and snap some pictures.

      Delete
  2. Loved the songs, each one is uniquely different and moving. And your photos are the perfect accompaniment for the lyrics. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I liked the song and the pictures and just threw them together but didn't know if they really worked together or not.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures and a beautiful song. Thank you, Peter! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peter. The earth has had its share of storms lately for sure -- and after a day of sunshine and working in the garden I find this lovely post and I'm reminded of just how precious it all is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice poem and beautiful pictures, Peter. The poem goes well to the pictures. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nadezda. I wish you a nice weekend too!

      Delete
  6. The stems are just as striking as the crabapples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you had to keep taking shot after shot, no two quite alike. Pairing them with that song made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thy were so unusually pretty. Glad you liked the pairing.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.