-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Playing 20 (really 22) Questions

Earlier this month Satu from My Life challenged me to answer eleven questions.  At about the same time Kevin from Nitty Gritty Dirt Man nominated my blog for a Liebster Blog Award which also requires answering 11 questions.    To know more about me than this, you'd probably need a DNA sample. 

First, Satu's Questions:

Do you garden?  If you don't, what's your hobby?  Yes, I garden.  I also like playing with glass, choral music, and throwing together a couple of blogs.

Your favorite plant?  I love 'em all but have thought succulents were pretty swell since my frist sempervivum sighting in my my misspent youth. 

What do you dream of?  More space to grow plants and the means to be able to do that.

Where have you travelled?  I've not travelled a lot.  When I was younger, we regularly travelled from Alaska to the east coast of the U.S. to visit family we had left in Vermont and Connecticut.  I've seen some of Eastern and Western Canada as well but not the middle.  When I was in a college choral group, we toured Engliand, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales for a month.

Which one has been your best trip?  I've enjoyed them all but I think seeing New York City for the first time a few years ago and singing in Carnegie Hall was a special experience.  The Carnegie Deli was also quite an experience.

Your horoscope?  I'm a Virgo.

Your favorite artist?  That's as difficult as choosing a favorite flower.  The list of what I don't like would be much smaller.

What kind of music do you like?  Choral music, classical music,  world music, just about anything that isn't rap or rock music played so loud in passing cars that it vibrates my windows.

Your favourite food?  Indian food, Tai, Mexican,  I most frequently make Italian pasta sorts of things.

Do you have any pets?  We have four Pomeranians ranging in age from 1 1/2 to 12 years old.

Your dream which has come true?  So many... As a child growing up in a remote town of 750 people, I dreamed of living in a city like the ones we saw on television where food could actually be delivered to one's home.  I also always wanted to live in an old house.  Careful of what you wish for! Now I think that living in a nice small place without urban noise  in a modern home without drafty windows and not having to wait for several minutes for the hot water tap to get warm sounds pretty sweet. Having a special someone to share my life with is my favorite dream come true.

And Now Kevin's questions:

What is your favorite time of day and why?  Any time that allows for a nap because sleeping is what I do best.

How and when did you first discover your passion, whatever that passion is?   It's difficult to remember when and how I first discovered sleeping.

Hopefully, yor're familliar with The Breakfast Club for this question.  When you were in high school, in which social group did you best fit?  (princess, athelete, brain, criminal, basket case)  I was more of a loner weirdo much like I am today.

Where do you write your posts and why did you choose that place?  I write my posts in our office area because it's where the computer is.  Although I've tried doing things with an IPad or laptop, I don't like it as much as the keyboard that makes noise when I type.  When one learns on a manual typewriter, it's hard to get used to typing with just his thumbs.

What always makes you laugh and why?  Looking in a mirror because it's either laugh or cry.

If you could appear on a televised talent show, what would your talent be?  There's just no beginning to my talent.  I'm extremely good at picking my nose though.

Which flower reminds you of happiness?  I seem to remember something called happiness. A flower?  Can't choose as I love them all.  Maybe sweet peas because my grandmother called me her sweet pea, they grew so well in Alaska, and they smell so innocently sweet.

What is your favorite book and why?  Oh books are so decorative, don't you think?

It's important to eat your vegetables, but which vegetable do you always resist/avoid eating?  I never met a vegetable I didn't like.

What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?  Complain about the weather.

Who is the one celebrity, past or present, you would like to meet - and what would you ask that person?  Queen Elizabeth.  Are you really wearing that tiara with those shoes?

Now, I'm supposed to send this challenge on to other bloggers.  Like a favorite artist or book, I cannot simply chose a few of my favorite bloggers to challenge because I love you all! If any of you want to answer questions and post them on your blog, please do!  Don't like these questions?  Make up some of your own.

 

20 comments:

  1. You are hilarious, thanks for the good laughs on a suddenly cold morning.

    I'd ask the Queen about that pocketbook. Does she need change for the meter? Lunch money and credit cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got a chuckle & sorry about the cold!

      As for the handbag here you go: http://www.helloonline.com/royalty/2007/10/10/queen-handbag/
      Fascinating!

      Delete
  2. You're such a wag! But I did enjoy this close-up look at you. Please get that finger out of your nose, and be careful where you wipe it (not on me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gentleman always places the fruits of the picking in an approptiate place. It would be in poor taste to wipe a beboogered finger upon another person.

      Delete
  3. Peter, It was interesting to find out more about you. I think you have a pretty sense of humor!I love your answers, the most about the sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my answers. I'm lucky to have such sweet memories of my grandmother.

      Delete
  4. My favourite thing to do on any day is complain about the weather. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Complaining is a wonderful hobby and when one adds the weather to the equation, it becomes thrilling!

      Delete
  5. I don't think I can answer them now because I'd want to plagiarize yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed hearing more about you. I wondered if singing in Carnegie Hall was true or not. I met someone the other day that said that - and I laughed. Turned out, they actually did! :O Anyway, I see you and I have the same dream of more space and more means. Except, for me at least, means should be listed first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Carnegie Hall is true. Amazing accoustics but really once you're there, it's just another hall. A hall, in fact where Florence Foster Jenkins also once performed. (Florence Foster Jenkins (July 19, 1868 – November 26, 1944) was an American amateur operatic soprano who was known, and ridiculed, for her lack of rhythm, pitch, tone, aberrant pronunciation of libretti, and overall poor singing ability.)

      Delete
  7. Nice o know more about you Peter, and we do like your sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's difficult for me to answer to seriously. And in reality, I am fascinated by the Queen, who I had the good fortune of seeing in 1982 as she, dressed in appropriately lavish regalia, was walking from her car into Westminster Abbey for an Order of Bath Service. Prince Phillip was also present. I had just walked over to see the abbey and was bummed that it was closed but was thrilled to actually see the monarch. Her lifetime of service, regal bearing, and gracious nature win my highest admiration. I was in London the night Prince William was born (yes, I feel old) and the pealing of the bells and celebrations all over town were thrilling. I've kind of got a crush on your country.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for answering my questions, Peter! Have you already sent your DNA by mail? Well, you would be my ideal match! I should be married to a Virgo, because I'm a Capricorn (this is said in horoscopes). Well, I've got three scorpions instead! My husband and twins are scorpions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun answering your questions Satu an I'll post my DNA sample today! For some reason, I have a lot of Aries in my life. My mother was and my sister, several friends, and my partner are all Aries.

      Delete
  9. LOVE this! Pick a winner, Outlaw! I didn't realize you had 4 dogs. :o) Very cool! That's amazing that you sang in Carnegie Hall. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach elementary school where we ALL have to be winners, just like in the real world:)

      Delete
  10. Carnegie Hall, eh? Actually my daughter's high school choir will be singing there this month. So I'm thinking... it could be true. Whatever... you provided the smile of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sang there with a choir a few years ago. Glad that you smiled! I love to laugh with other gardeners!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.