-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wednesday Vignette - The Fallen

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum. Click here to see more.

Our meme host, Anna, recently made heart-rending but right decision to end the suffering of  her feline garden helper, Manneman.  All of us who are animal lovers know how difficult this is and I offer this vignette in honor of Manneman and the other beloved pets that have left an empty place in our hearts.


I came across the quote, "Those who think there is a time limit to grieve have never lost a part of their heart." This carex, a swirling mass of strands seems to be scattered with pieces of  broken hearts.  Perhaps there's a piece for each pet one has lost.  Isn't it beautiful how the memory of each one adorns our lives.  Leaves fall and, while  sad to see their season end, we marvel at their beauty and know that after winter, a new season of love and life will emerge.  Sleep well sweet loved ones, thank you for gracing our lives for an all-too-brief season.



11 comments:

  1. This post made me tear up. Nice simile, Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot and beautiful thought! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a wonderful and thoughtful guy, Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Those who think there is a time limit to grieve have never lost a part of their heart" so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sentiment that memories of loved ones, human and pet, "adorns our lives", like jewels. Today's vignette is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Peter - you just made me cry... Thank you so much for this wonderful and thoughtful tribute! I love everything about it, and you for writing it. Loree nudged me to let me know it was Wednesday. I had totally confused both time and space. I think my brain is "a swirling mass of strands... scattered with pieces of broken hearts". (So beautifully stated... thank you again! <3 )
    ~ Anna K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo and thoughts, Peter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful thought, as we have put our upstate New York garden to bed and await our first major snowstorm (tomorrow). My bleeding hearts, among other plants, sleep and, by tomorrow, will be covered in a winter blanket of white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. Can't find my words right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picture, Peter. I like your thoughts.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.