-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving in the U.S. a day of gratitude for our many blessings.  I think of those in California whose homes and nearly entire communities have been lost.  Recently, the mayor of Paradise, California said that she, having lost her own home, was grateful that there were some buildings that escaped the fire, and that a community is about people, not structures.  There will be rebuilding and healing.  How many of our daily blessings do we take for granted?

This Thanksgiving Card (by Mary Engelbreit)  from my sister hangs on my full refrigerator to remind me to be grateful every day.  Today, family members will descend upon our house to celebrate the holiday.  How fortunate I am to have them and to be able to share this 35 year tradition of hosting the festivities.
Today and every day, I'm grateful for you, my blog readers and friends.  It's such a joy to be a part of the wonderful garden blogging community and to read your comments either on my blog or via email.  Thanks you for the blessing of your friendship and may you have many blessings for which to give thanks today and always. 

9 comments:

  1. A toast to a 35 years tradition! Impressive. A lovely card and a good reminder to be grateful every day. I bet your dinner table (in the red room?) is gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you back for your gift of friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have much to be grateful for. Blessings to you and yours, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your open blog and open heart. You are so welcoming and encouraging to all of us garden bloggers. I hope you are laid up in a turkey coma enjoying the reminisces of 35 years of being host. Cheers and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving, Peter! I am so thankful I’m able to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post dear Peter.

    I am thankful to know you through blogland. You have blessed and encouraged me more than once through your blog posts and comments on my own blog and I thank you for that.

    I'm sure you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, Peter. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving Peter. I am thankful for you my blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peter, thanks for the reminder to be grateful. It's always about people, and I'm thankful to know you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.