-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Wednesday Vignette - Something Spooky is Going On

In Blogger land, something spooky is happening with my images.  For some reason, Google Albums won't let me upload images and has removed some of them from my blog.  I'll try again later to post what I intended for today but if not, let's pretend this is a whole bunch of ghosts in a blizzard and call it good. (Oops, when I write these, the background is white, not black so we'll need to change that image to a bunch of bats on a very dark night. 



















Happy Halloween!

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to join in the party.

P.S. After doing some computer clean up, wringing my hands, writing to Google feedback, and waiting a while, everything seems to be back in order.  Maybe there was a ghost in my computer and not at Google Albums.


My eldest sister inherited the title "The Old Bat" upon the death of our mother 13 years ago.  The Bat is dead, long live the bat we cheered after an appropriate interval of mourning, of course.   Since her birthday is only a couple of days before All Hallows Eve, her title is especially appropriate.  The Bat is very thoughtful and sends cards for every occasion and this one simply needed to be shared with you.  Notice how sweet her jack-o-lanterns are and how naughty mine look.  Pretty much sums up our personalities.
May you have a sweet Halloween!

10 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Halloween to both you and The Old Bat! The old Celts thought that the veil separating the living and the dead was at its very thinnest during Samhain, so maybe that was what was spooking your computer earlier? Glad you seem to have gotten it resolved! Love your pumpkins - they look as mischievous as I imagine the wandering, devious spirits of the Celts did.
    ~ Anna K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! Love your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you persuaded the poltergeist in your computer to show us the image in your post! Love your wonderfully goofy pumpkins. Hope you have a Spooky Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a wide spread issue with Blogger last night, lots of photos disappearing. I didn't think of it as a Halloween haunting, but perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same kind of problem last night while working on my post. Could be a trick. Have a happy Halloween, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkins are great! Nice that your sister still sends cards. Few do anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh. Interesting about the Blogger issues. I guess it's good I didn't spend much time on the platform last night, or I would have been frustrated. I hope you'll have a very fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your jack-o-lanterns; the are so expressive!
    Your sister should be called The New Old Bat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your jack-o-lanterns, they should be mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope enough trick or treaters came by your house to rid you of all of that candy. I was hopeful here but it was raining so we only had one small band of tricksters. They didn't wait around to trick but were treated good for braving the elements. I love your pumpkins. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.