-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Quick Walk by Wright Park

Wright park is a five minute walk from my house so I usually approach the 27 acre space on foot from a different direction.  However, on Saturday,  returning from the Rhododendron Species Garden Fall Festival,  the plant mobile decided to stop and eject me for a quick walk on the edge of the park to Visit the conservatory.  It was only a 30 minutes before closing time which didn't keep my pockets from being filled with a some bright leaves and a few acorns.

The fall foliage is nice this year but not as spectacular as it has been in past years.  Was it the long dry summer?

The fog was finally lifting just in time for it to return as evening approached. 






It's looking pretty spooky in the conservatory. 


Solanum integrifolium looks pretty cool.  Maybe I'll try growing it next year. 

An unusual sport of this opuntia. 



Seems to popping up all over the place. 






Someone sees a bone or 206.




Back outside, the bed of tuberous begonias is still looking pretty good.


Hope you enjoyed this quick walk.  

12 comments:

  1. Lovely autumn foliage and what an amazing conservatory. I want one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the plant mobile ejected you from the car: I enjoyed the quick walk through. I wonder if the leaves in the park will still get more spectacular... maybe it hasn't been cold enough yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun Halloween images of the conservatory done up for the holiday. I didn't know you had a self-driving car, or was it perhaps possessed for the day? Hope the car made it home without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I have been thinking that this has been one of the best for fall colors. Halloween brings out the kid in all of us.
    rickii

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure did enjoy that walk. It appears to me that the dog was eyeballing the skeleton as to which bone he would prefer just as you were eyeballing all of those plants trying to decide which one you don't already have. The fog was the perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great walk. Thank you. If I lived that close, I might be there almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A photo of the dog running off with the skeleton would have been priceless - or actually, I bet the local news media outlets would have found a price acceptable to you. I love all the fall color, which looks spectacular to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun that they decorate the conservatory for Halloween. Your fall foliage looks better than ours. It was a pretty dull year for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a great place to walk to. Their displays are so creative. How fortunate that it's within walking distance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've still got some pretty nice fall foliage. Ours is also subdued. We also had a hot dry stretch in September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skeleton on the bench is very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.