-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Vignette - Change is in the Air

From an upstairs window as the sun rises in the east illuminating trees donning their autumn finery.  Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood' on the right was deep burgundy all summer and gets a little greener like this just before it explodes in fiery scarlett shortly.  Right now the star is  the golden gowned Acer palmatum 'Sango Kaku'  The grey looking leaves between the banana leaves are a dew covered smoke bush. 


Beautiful clear dry weather is predicted to last through the weekend but rain returns next week so if you're in the Pacific Northwest, I hope you're able to get out and enjoy the sun!

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and hum.  Flutter on over there to join the fun!

13 comments:

  1. The best color vignettes are taken in Autumn. And after the leaves drop, I find myself tempted to pick them up to press in a book (phone books were good for that, once upon a time). This late season fantastic weather is giving me ample time in the garden, and the bulbs I ordered just came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful autumn view from your upstairs window! That burgundy color of the Bloodgood maple is very tempting. I am enjoying these dry, sunny days, I've been out gardening for a few hours every day, planting some of my enormous pot ghetto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I hope you pulled a chair up. I could sit and take that in for hours on end!
    ~ Anna K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulling up a chair sounds lovely but most likely if the sun was already illuminating the garden, I was running late and should have been on my way to work.

      Delete
  4. Love how the banana insistently inserts some tropicalissimo into a classic fall scene. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Context is everything. I thought that was a Hart’s Tongue Fern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the transformation that comes with cooler weather in the PNW. Your winters may not always be fun but your autumns are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Peter! The bright green of the banana really sets of the gold and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love it when the light creates magic in your own garden!
    Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for a vignette post! They all look so glorious all together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful, colorful view out your upstairs window. Just beautiful.

    Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what stunning autumn colour, you never see anything so good here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.