-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday Vignette - Dumpster Diving

What's in your trash can? 


Seen at a friend's antique store, (Howard Welborn Antiques) this  Italian chandelier was too heavy to hang on the hook usually used while restoration work is done so this alternative worked well.  It almost looks as if the light fixture is being thrown in the trash.   Howard's shop is incredibly full of treasures casually  strewn around.  One never knows what he/she will find. This trash can of beauty made me smile. 

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Go to her blog to join in the fun.


10 comments:

  1. Perfect! Did you bring it home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Peter already has one of these in his basement, aka the Room of Enchantment.

      Delete
    2. I wish. Those big earrings must be a little hard on the earlobes.

      Delete
  2. Nothing in my trash resembles this chandelier in any way. Where you at Howard's to visit a friend or to find a new treasure? I imagine that place draws you in like a moth to the flame: I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a delight to visit with Howard as I always learn something new listening to him talk. We need to do some more basic things like repairing or removing lath and plaster and fixing the bathrooms and kitchen before I haul any more treasure home.

      Delete
  3. What a great image! I've used a trash can to bolster many home and garden improvement projects. You made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to take shopping lessons from you--what treasures you find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who could top this vignette? It's not every day that you see a scene like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trash can or treasure holder - all in a days work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It somehow manages to look classy, even sitting in a trash can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.