-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Never Ending Garden Color - Dragonfly Farms Part Two

Heidi, the owner of Dragonfly Farms Nursery in Kingston, WA, loves and offers for sale lots of garden art.  In keeping with the endless summer dream of several bloggers in my region, I've found some blooms which will be looking quite lovely regardless of what the thermometer says!
 
These cool ceramic flowers are the creation of Maria P.P. Root of Primitiva Pottery and Tile.  Be sure to check out her website here.








I'm sorry, I'm not sure who makes these fabulous things but I LOVE them!


UFO?
And just for you cacti lovers...

This giant recycled steel sphere is by Ray Hammer at Blue Collar Artwork

Are these cute or what?


 
Interesting mosaic piece.


Recycled glass flowers are not fussy about soil conditions or temperature!



I admire these cool rusty plier birds and barbed wire nests every time I visit.  Someday one will come home with me.

Is it possible to have an hortgasm (thank you Barry)  over a non-plant?  If so... 
These stepping stones are newish, inexpensive and interesting!  A couple jumped into my car!






Another flower which will still look great in January!
Just an ordinary pot but when tipped up (and maybe painted ) it vaguely resembles Little and Lewis dinosaur eggs.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed our time admiring yard art at Dragonfly Farms and maybe even got a chuckle or an idea.  Have a good weekend all!  
 

15 comments:

  1. Another wonderful nursery with unique garden art display. Those ceramic flowers are gorgeous. Great recycled pieces and those stepping stones are special too.

    We had one place with interesting pieces and it closed recently. Thanks for all your tours of these special places in your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's been so much fun taking my camera along to all of these places that I frequent. It's almost like having a whole group of friends shopping with me. "I bet Shirley would love this, there's something spiky for Loree, Louis would be crazy about those palms, etc. This community of gardeners is one of the unexpected joys of doing a blog. I really thought that only my family and a few friends would be reading.

      Delete
  2. I like those cute little faces hiding in the bushes. What a happy nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden art liberally sprinkled throughout the nursery is one of the reasons I love going to Dragonfly! I don't remember seeing those circular pots when I was there last. I might have to go back and get one.

    BTW, did you know there is a good chance she might be forced to close or move? The county is giving Heidi a hard time about having such a large retail space at her home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi told me that when I visited and sent an email to everyone on Dragonfly's mailing list about her problem with the county. I hope it works out in her favor because I love going there!

      Delete
  4. The flowers are so unique and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very much like the recycled glass flowers and the stepping stones. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all wonderful!wish this place was closer to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Sue and the gang could maybe plan another trip?

      Delete
  7. Wonderfull !!! manu thanks and happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it and wish you a happy day as well.

      Delete
  8. I love those cheramic flowers! I wish I could make flowers like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could! Some clay and glaze, a kiln, and your imagination... "Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right." Henry Ford

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.