-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Bremerton City Nursery

Okay, one last nursery stop on the way home from the Heronswood sale. Bremerton City Nursery is not the largest in the region but they sure pack their space with a lot of great plants, fun stuff, and really nice people!  I've never left disappointed or without finding some treasures to take home.


Dragons are taking over!

Hellebores a go-go

Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' Calluna vulgaris  and flamingos.  

Sweet little bunches of silk tulips.

What a joy to see the nurseries once again fully stocked with plant offerings for the new season!




Acacia  cognata 'Cousin Itt' looking so healthy and happy.

My kind of wine cellar.


These hanging vases, made in Portland, are a fun way to display tillandsias. 

Wire and rock tillandsia holders were made in house.  Cool idea!

I love seeing the work of Rusty Birds.  They also sell online at Rustybirds.com


Concrete egg planters.

It was just before St. Patrick's Day when we visited and the nursery was certainly ready. 
There was a lot more to see but by this point my hands were busy holding plants so the picture-taking stopped.  As usual, I forgot to photograph what I found and now can't remember.  Oops.

10 comments:

  1. I just saw the work of the Rusty Birds at my local botanical gardens gift shop. Love the ferns and am trying to decide how to use them before I buy any. I have a bad feeling my Calluna died. It did not look good when the last snow melted. It's three years old but was not all that big. We'll see what happens when it finally warms up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay the AstroTurf is a new one for me, I've never seen that at a nursery before. For some reason I picture it covered with muddy footprints as the season progresses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dragons and the wine bottle planters. So many nurseries, so little time now to shop (too busy planting what I've already bought).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever drought becomes an issue again (i.e. at regular intervals), I consider moving to the PNW but, with my plant addiction problem, I can see that the PNW nurseries would be a serious issue for me. I'd even have been tempted to bring a dragon home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those Hellebores! I like their selection of planters and pots, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they have a lot of cool, fun stuff I have not seen in other garden shops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rustybirds are definitely a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like those cute dragons and the yellow containers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.