-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A Fairy Garden

A few times a month, I drive by this garden and have often been curious about it.  Recently I parked the plant mobile and decided to ge a closer look from the sidewalk. 

What a cool structure and a fun red door.

It could be wrapped with plastic to become a winter greenhouse but I don't recall that being done in past years nor did I see anything particularly tender in the garden that would need to spend the winter indoors.

So many questions but no one seemed to be home (I didn't knock.)

Did the homeowner build  this or was it built for him/her.

Isn't it fun to see what other gardeners do with their space?

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a really fun structure. Sort of a gazebo designed to look like a greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminiscent of Alison's folly. Garden structures do not have to have a reason nor a purpose other than to delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we allow creativity to flourish, yes we have artistic masterpiece...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The structure is so polished compared to the wire fencing that I wonder if this is just the first stage of a larger project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great structure. Love the red door and the matching flowers shown in the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! If you ever find out more, please do a follow-up post. It would be fabulous to hear the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Keep 'em guessing, that's my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was excited to see the sign "Fairy Garden". I wonder if there are more of them to be discovered once you enter the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.