-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, August 26, 2016

The Aeonium Prize from Cistus

It's the last Friday of the month when Danger posts images of plants that have tickled her fancy during the month.  I'm featuring the Aeoniums that were waiting for me at Cistus when Danger and I recently paid a visit.


Notice the box decorated by Mr. Hogan himself!  He'd kindly watered the plants to prepare them for a long warm car ride. You may be thinking something like, "so excited he wet his plants" but I would never be so crass(ulaceae) as to write something like that.

Beauties in the box included Aeonium domesticum 'Variegatum'

Aeonium 'Blackbeard'

Aeonium 'Cornish Tribute'

Aeonium 'Jolly Green'

I forgot to photograph the label and it's dark outside now so we'll just call this one Fred.

Aren't they swell?  Many thanks to Sean at Cistus for supplying this prize and to Danger for hosting her series of challenges.  I wonder what her next challenge will be?

9 comments:

  1. Amazing plants, Peter. Good luck with them in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well-deserved! Your entry was excellent! I hope they do well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they do well for you! Love the little hairs on 'Cornish Tribute' which your camera captured well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great fun to win a prize? At least I expect it is; I never win things... I like Aeonium 'Cornish Tribute'best; it looks like it forgot to shave for the photo op. All will be migrating to the greenhouse for winter, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Aeonium 'Cornish Tribute'...might have to track that one down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that 'Cornish Tribute'. Other than 'Jolly Green', they're all unfamiliar to me, although Fred looks vaguely familiar...Congratulations Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had a "Fred" ,I'll have to look for one. lol Very nice plants. Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the illustration on the bos...looks like a cross between a plant and a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great selection. The prize was as special as your entry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.