-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Wednesday Vignette - A Hole in the Wall

Once again, I'm using (with permission) one of Michael Jardeen's photos for my Wednesday Vignette Post.  He's titled this image "A Hole in the Wall" and it could also function as a Tell the Truth Tuesday post as this Hedera helix-covered, rotting and leaning fence is on one side of my back garden.  Who knew that such an eyesore could be so photogenic?  It's a tribute to Michael's skill.

Tell the Truth Tuesday is hosted by Alison at Bonney Lassie and Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click on the links to see more.







I won't be opening my garden this summer as we're hoping to have this fence replaced and I want to re-work the koi pond, two rather time-consuming projects which will have parts of the garden looking pretty battered for a while.  On the bright side, removing the fence will save me a lot of ivy -removing time.  

11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely and peaceful shot! I hope you can use those old, weathered planks for something else. I tend to love that silvery sheen and ridged surface of worn fencing. Also, hearing of your planned renovations made me realize that I STILL have never seen your garden. Hope to remedy that some time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, you're always welcome. Give me a call next time you're in my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful photo of a gap in the fence! Michael is very talented. Good luck with the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm sorry to not visit your garden this year (I missed last year's open house), I am looking forward to cool posts about the renovations. Before and After pictures are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great shot. Does it look as pretty in color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old and deteriorating can still be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that this is a very artistic photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absorbing and awesome click dear friend!

    one has to have a very artistic eye to capture it :)

    Loved the title ,it is also really appealing!

    best of luck with fence venture

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could make my deteriorating stuff look as beautiful. But, it just keeps snowing (another 4" today, more for the weekend) and at this rate, everything that needed work is buried anyway. Out of sight, out of mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got to do this also, with almost all of the fencing around the property. UGH. Don't know when or how, it's on my list. ;-)

    Enjoy your day and the weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had two sides of property refenced, have 3 more to do as finances allow. I love old wood, but some of it is not worth saving. My property is being cleared of 'scrap metal' and overgrown vines and trees, it feels oh so good. Enjoy your projects. ~ It's good to see you here again ~ Love & hugs, FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.