-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday Vignette: I Need a Name!

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna at Flutter and Hum/The Creative Flux.  Click here to join the fun.

Ah summer.  Out on the sidewalk gazing up through the leaves of Tetrapanax, Magnolia macrophylla and bamboo, seeing blue sky. July could last forever.

Meanwhile, in the shady inner garden, the alien/gardener has sprouted wings but he still hasn't told me his name.  Any ideas?  Icarus and Daedalus come to mind.  Michael?  Gabriel?  Quasar?

10 comments:

  1. He definitely needs a name, but I've got nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should call him Pygar, after John Phillip Law's character in Barbarella. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob. Definitely Bob.

    BTW I took almost the same sky photo the other day. Funny that 140 miles apart and when we look up we see the same plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to suggest going with Icarus until I read Alison's comment. Your alien gardener definitely brings to mind Barbarella's angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I think Alan the Alien.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atom. He's not exactly Adam, as his torso reflects, not with that shiny head. The wings? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Alison's idea of Pygar... I would love to look up at a Tetrapanax that big! Mine is still a baby in a pot. ~ Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is such an exotic creature. Quasar looks good in print. It needs a mind shifting name because everyone that walks up to him in person will see someone different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A space angel! One never knows what one will find in your garden, Peter. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.