-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

From My Back Porch


I spend a lot of time on my back porch. It's where I talk on the phone.
I contemplate what next to do in my garden. It offers shelter in  sudden downpours.
 It's fitting, then, that my blog begins with a few  views from this spot.




I don't spend much time sitting in my garden as there always seems to be something that needs to be done out there.  For me, the doing is the fun.  It's the process, not the product that brings me joy.
Is there a spot in your garden where you find yourself spending more time than in others?




In the wonderful tradition of my favorite blogs I hope to share with you more of my garden,
those of others, and take you along with me on nursery expeditions. Perhaps even an occasional
rant about the weather, pests, and the trials of gardening in the city. 


9 comments:

  1. I hope you mind my looking out over your gorgeous, lush Eden ... I'm stuck home a lot these days unable to work on mine, so your garden is a lovely respite. Thanks for adding my blog to your blogroll, too. I feel honored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sorry to read about your cronic pain & upcoming surgery. It's an awful thing when pain steals the activities we love. On the bright side, perhaps the surgery will remove some or all of the pain and allow you to garden, blog, etc. with your former vigor!

      Your blog is wonderful and has inspired many. Thank you for your marvelous posts!

      Peter

      Delete
  2. Oops, I meant: I hope you DON'T mind my looking ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere! What great pictures of your garden.

    I think of myself as being "product" oriented rather than "process"...but then again just when I finish one project (be it small or large) I seem to find another one to start. Uhm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping D.G. You know I've loved your blog for a long time!

      Delete
  4. I love your garden! It's so lush and green. I am definetly a process gardener. I love creating the next new space. Luckily my husband helps me sit and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have someone who makes you sit every now and then and maybe see your garden through more appreciative eyes. (I always see the faults - the Tom points out the positive parts.)

      Delete
  5. Your green lush garden is so wonderful! I always find myself doing something in the garden - but maybe that's because I don't have any furniture to sit on (yet)? But I enjoy both the end product and the path to get there... Thanks for the gorgeous picture that my garden can aspire to (it is definitely not lush yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey R.

    Lushness is easy when you live in the pacific northwest; not so much when you live in the mojave desert! Here, we envy your ability to grow things that like heat and your succulents and cacti that can remain outside year round. I guess the grass is always greener or the sand is always drier on the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.